Greater Richmond ARCpark
The Greater Richmond ARCpark is open to everyone – every day from dawn to dusk (barring inclement weather)
- The ARCpark is the first of its kind in Central Virginia.
- The ARCpark is free and open to the public.
- The ARCpark is open to all ages and all abilities. Most features are handicap accessible.
- Hours of operation are from dawn to dusk every day of the week. (The park will close for inclement weather.)
- The ARCpark is located at 3600 Saunders Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227, on Richmond’s Northside.
- Please review ARCpark rules listed on this site.
- Group Functions
- If you are interested in having a party or group function at the ARCpark, please email ARCpark for information on reserving space under the picnic pavilion.
- ARCpark General Rules & Picnic Pavilion Reservation Policy – 2016
The 2.4-acre ARCpark allows everyone – no matter your age, no matter your ability – to play and exercise together.
Special features include:
- Three state-of-the-art playgrounds for toddlers, school-aged kids and every-age
- An abundance of swings, including a wheelchair-accessible glider and a hammock-like Biggo Swing
- Recycled, poured-rubber safety surfaces throughout the park
- A wheel-chair accessible treehouse with an extra-wide ramp and a four-ton, re-purposed eucalyptus stump
- A custom-built, multi-sensory wall with panels that stimulate touch, hearing and sight
- A play house, a small stage, water troughs and music instruments for creative play
- Handicap-accessible fitness equipment and a multi-purpose playing court
- Water misting stations
- A large, shaded pavilion with nine picnic tables
- A family restroom with an adult-sized changing table
- Charging stations for electric wheelchairs