Sitter and Barfoot Veterans Care Center
Named for two Medal of Honor recipients—Colonel Van Barfoot and Colonel Carl Sitter—this care center provides the gold standard in quality care for Virginia’s veterans.
The Sitter & Barfoot Veterans Care Center (SBVCC) is located on the campus of the McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia and is operated by the Virginia Department of Veterans Services. This single-level facility features 200 single-occupancy rooms in four nursing units: two 60-bed skilled nursing care units, one 40-bed skilled nursing care unit and one 40-bed secure Alzheimer’s dementia unit with enclosed courtyards.
SBVCC accepts payment from private insurers, Medicare and Medicaid. Most veterans also qualify for the VA per diem facility credit.
- Honorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces
- Virginia residency at the time of admission or entry into active duty from Virginia
- Meets medical requirements for nursing home care
- Private rooms with private baths—all are handicap accessible and include a roll-in shower
- Barber/beauty shop
- Activity rooms
- Game room
- Computers with Internet access
- Walking trail
- Landscaped inner courtyards