The Virginia Writer’s Club Symposium
- August 7, 2021 | 10:00 am
- August 8, 2021 | 10:00 am
The Virginia Writer’s Club is hosting its annual symposium. The event is geared to move an author’s career forward. Please can you post this in the community events section of your magazine.
This year’s theme is Your Writing Journey: Shoot for the Stars
The keynote speaker is Jane Friedman. She has been working in book publishing since the mid-1990s. She offers clear and honest guidance to make the best choices for your career in this rapidly changing industry. Through her books, reporting and classes, she offers you a signal amidst the noise. https://www.janefriedman.com/
In addition to Jane Friedman, there will be sixteen classes/lectures/workshops offered. Listed below are the sixteen guest speakers and the topics they will share.
1. Jack Trammell – Non-Fiction Editing Techniques
2. James Cole – Literary Slapfighting
3. Solveig Eggerz – Storytelling: Gateway into your Writing
4. Cass Morris – Choose, Don’t Presume: Level up your SFF Worldbuilding
5. Elizabeth Spragins – Teaching Your Words to Dance (Poetry)
6. David M Simms – Writing Thrillers – How to Twist High Concept Plots, Memorable Characters, and Settings into Page-Turners.
7. Katharine Gotthardt, John Dutton & Rebecca Sosa – Writing & Marketing Your Children’s Book
8. April Michelle Davis – Critiquing Your First Pages
9. Pamela K Kinney – How You Engage and How Your Signing Table Looks Drives Sales for You
10. Chris Register – Concise Syntax & Clear Prose
11. Susan Williamson – Writing Side Gigs: How to Finance Ink, Paper, and Submission Fees
12. David Godwin – An Introduction to IngramSpark
13. David Kudler – The Power of Where: Place, Settings, and the Hero’s Adventure
14. Jenna Harte – 6 Easy Ways to Massively Improve your Writing
15. Betsy Ashton – Creating and Executing a Book Launch Plan
16. Rick Hodges – “Write Dialogue Like an Expert,” he said.