Swimming with flavor and nutrition
The vibrant combo of cheese, cilantro, chili and lime makes this salmon sheet-pan dinner burst with flavor.
Sheet-Pan Salmon with Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets (8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mayonnaise and chili powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Spread on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss broccoli with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in the same bowl.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven. Stir the sweet potatoes and move them to the sides of the pan. Arrange salmon in the center of the pan and spread the broccoli on either side, among the sweet potatoes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture over the salmon. Bake until the sweet potatoes are tender and the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lime zest and lime juice to the remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; mix well.
- Divide the salmon among 4 plates and top with cheese and cilantro. Divide the sweet potatoes and broccoli among the plates and drizzle with the lime-mayonnaise sauce. Serve with lime wedges and any remaining sauce.
Recipe nutrition per serving: 504 Calories, Total Fat: 26 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 83 mg, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 34 g, Sodium: 642 mg, Potassium: 1211 mg.
EatingWell is a magazine and website devoted to healthy eating as a way of life. Online at www.eatingwell.com.
©2023 Dotdash Meredith. All rights reserved. Used with permission. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
FEATURE IMAGE, ABOVE: EatingWell photography by Caitlin Bensel; Food Styling: Emily Nabors Hall