Recipe: Cherry Cookies
February 19th, 2018
George Washington approved
It’s President’s Day, and in honor of our first president and his relationship with cherries (too much of a stretch? … Nah, we don’t think so), we’re making cherry cookies.
Just make sure you buy the cherries instead of chopping down your father’s cherry tree (okay, was that too much of a stretch? … Maybe so).
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 15 maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour; beat for 5 seconds. Add oats; beat for 5 seconds. Add coconut; beat for 5 seconds. Add walnuts; beat for 5 seconds. Add salt; beat for 5 seconds.
- Mix cherries into the butter mixture, beating until dough comes together and turns light pink from cherries, about 25 seconds.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until slightly golden, 18 minutes. Remove from oven. Pour remaining 1 cup confectioners’ sugar into a shallow dish; roll warm cookies in sugar to coat. After rolling all of the cookies once, roll again in confectioners’ sugar to coat.
Recipe from AllRecipes.com.