Fuel Up with Chopped Power Salad
Cilantro is the secret to this delicious healthy salad
Cilantro adds color and flavor when blended to make a creamy dressing for this hearty Chopped Power Salad. Enjoy it for lunch or dinner year round. Chickpeas and quinoa add protein and fiber, while kale, carrots, and bell pepper add the healthy goodness of vegetables.
Vegetarian Chopped Power Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups finely sliced stemmed kale
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted pepitas
- Combine cilantro, buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper in a mini food processor. Process until well blended.
- Combine lettuce, kale, chickpeas, carrots, bell pepper and quinoa in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with pepitas before serving.
Recipe nutrition per serving: 362 Calories, Total Fat: 17 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Fiber: 9 g, Total Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 13 g, Sodium: 397 mg, Potassium: 634 mg, Vitamin A: 10979 IU.
EatingWell is a magazine and website devoted to healthy eating as a way of life. Online at www.eatingwell.com.
©2023 Dotdash Meredith. All rights reserved. Used with permission. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
Kale Salad with Maple-Balsamic Dressing
Health: Top vegetarian protein sources
(Hint: chickpeas make the list!)
Protein is a key nutrient for growing and maintaining muscle and keeping skin and hair strong and healthy. It also helps keep you full. These vegetarian foods make it easy to get your protein fill – whether you’re vegan or vegetarian or just want to eat less meat and more plants.