Making Music Trivia Quiz & Crossword Puzzle
How deep is your musical knowledge?
Test your musical knowledge with this trivia quiz and the crossword puzzle. Go to BoomerMagazine.com/music-trivia-crossword-puzzles for an interactive version of the crossword.
1. FILL IN THE BLANKS: American singer Tiny Tim was known for playing the ____, a small guitar-like instrument that originated in ____.
2. MATCHING: Match the musical instrument with the country with which it is usually associated.
|I. Sitar||a. Latin America|
|II. Balalaika||b. India|
|III. Steel drums||c. Australia|
|IV. Didgeridoo||d. Trinidad and Tobago|
|V. Castanets||e. Russia|
|VI. Marimba||f. Spain|
3. PICK ONE: Which of the following instruments is not associated with Appalachian bluegrass music?
4. TRUE OR FALSE: The “MTV Unplugged” 1959 Martin D-18E acoustic guitar played by Kurt Cobain with the Grateful Dead sold for $6 million at auction on June 20, 2020, breaking the record for the most expensive guitar ever sold on June 20, 2020.
5. UNSCRAMBLE: Richmond’s Byrd Theatre is known for what instrument?
H Y G T I M R U L E Z W R I T N A R G O
Go to BoomerMagazine.com/music-trivia-crossword-puzzles for an interactive version of the crossword.
1 Mouth organ
6 Country music singer, ____ Travis
7 Related to singing
8 Happening, as an event
9 Seductress in the “Odyssey” who played a harp or a lyre
11 Indy 500 racer
12 Hotel and motel relative
14 Sing softly
16 Group of nine musicians
18 Website address ending
19 Very large size of clothing, abbr.
20 Wall ____, abbr.
21 Frequent karaoke setting
22 The Carpenters and Sonny and Cher, for example
1 Barbershop quartet specialty
2 Sound of a bell
3 Banded agate
4 Squeeze box
5 ’60s rebel singer, Bob ____
9 Nymph who inspired Pan’s pipes, in the Greek myth
10 Kid’s musical instrument
11 Drum or dance
13 Do, re and mi, etc.
14 D.J.’s stack
15 Christmas tree décor
17 No longer current
How do you think you did? Flip the page for answers.