Shipt: A New Grocery Delivery Option
Create your grocery list on the Shipt smartphone iOS or Android app or on your web browser, choose a one-hour delivery window and wait for your personal shopper to deliver the goods right to your doorstep. Learn more or sign up at Shipt.com.
- $99 annual membership fee.
- Unlimited free delivery for orders over $35 ($7 delivery fee under $35).
- Tipping your shopper is optional and can be done online or using the app.
- Shipt prices vary slightly from grocery store prices.
Pros & Cons
- Pro: Delivery items include fresh produce, meat and other perishables as well as nonperishables and household goods.
- Con: Shipt doesn’t coordinate with Kroger Plus membership, so no fuel points.
- Pro: You can keep a running grocery list.
- Con & Pro: The Shipt website selection differs slightly from grocery store shelves, but customers can include special requests that the shopper can attempt to fulfill.
- Pro: Your order can be delivered to an alternate address – work, family, etc.
- Pro & Con: It’s easy to comparison shop, but you can’t compare expiration dates or other fine print.
- Pro: For substitutes for unavailable items, you can request “no substitutes,” “best judgment” or “contact me.” You can also enter delivery notes such as “Text me when you arrive.”
- Con: Prescriptions, alcohol and tobacco products can’t be delivered.
- Pro: You can schedule delivery within a few hours or for the next day.