Trivia: "Isle of Beach Life" on the U.S. Atlantic Coast
August 7th, 2019
Say it fast: whether it’s true for you or not, see how much you know
- Fill in the blank: Renowned East Coast pirate Edward Teach, also known as ____, briefly “retired” to a more sedentary lifestyle in Bath, North Carolina.
- Put the following coastal towns in geographic order, north to south: Rodanthe, Chincoteague, Bar Harbor, Kiawah Island, Sandbridge
- Match each book with its coastal state setting.
|I. Message in a Bottle, Nicholas Sparks||a. Florida|
|II. The Prince of Tides, Pat Conroy||b. Maine|
|III. Jaws, by Peter Benchley||c. South Carolina|
|IV. Gift from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh||d. New York|
|V. Tourist Season, Carl Hiaasen||e. North Carolina|
- What native Virginia fish is born symmetrical but, soon after birth, begins to lean to one side, and one eye gradually migrates to the other side of its body?
- Black drum
- Snakehead fish
- Silver perch
- Unscramble the name of the oldest lighthouse in Virginia and where it’s located.
D O L P E A C N E H Y R S T O L I H H U G E R O T F R O T S Y
How do you think you did?
For more trivia (ya know, the crossword puzzle), grab a copy of the magazine!