Classic TV Ads Trivia Quiz
How well do you recall these classic TV advertisements?
Jingles and slogans and commercials, oh my! The best TV advertisements stick with us – especially when making buying decisions. Can your memory pull up these ads (including a couple custom-made for the Boomer Richmond audience)?
- What “leaves you breathless?”
c. Disneyland Resort
d. Diane von Furstenberg
- True or false. Virginia-based Miller & Rhoads was known as “the fashion center of the South.”
- What business’s slogan was “Put a tiger in your tank”?
- What’s “ugly but gets you there”?
a. Old Spice
c. Colt 45
d. Playtex 18-hour bra
- Match the product with its slogan.
a) Rice-A-Roni i. Once you pop, you can’t stop b) Almond Joy ii. Goes home with more people c) Coke iii. Mmm … boy! Indescribably delicious! d) Pringles iv. It’s the real thing e) Nolde’s v. The San Francisco treat
- Rearrange the letters to spell the name of the company that used the slogan “1,001 household miracles in every roll.”
S Y D N E R L O P R W A
- Which company products boasted “the loneliest repairman”?
a. Ford Pinto
b. Maytag appliances
c. Greyhound buses
d. Sears Craftsman tools
- True or false. Wonder Bread claimed it would help “build strong bodies 10 ways.”
- All of these are Old Spice advertising slogans EXCEPT for:
a. Navigate the high seas of manhood.
b. Add spice to your life.
c. Improve your mansmells.
d. Brings out the best in a man.
- For a genuine, live _________ _________, you can fly to Boston or drive to Byram’s in Richmond, Virginia.
How do you think you did?
- False. Berry-Burk & Co. made that claim.
- a) v. b) iii. c) iv. d) i. e) ii.
- Reynolds Wrap
- False. In 1949 and into the 50s, the slogan was “Wonder Bread builds strong bodies 8 ways”; in 1960s, it claimed to “Help build strong bodies 12 ways.”
- d. (The slogan was for Fore, a United Kingdom aftershave.)
- Maine lobster
8 AND ABOVE: Nice job, couch potato!
5 TO 7: Head back to the family room – you need a little more TV time!
LESS THAN 5: Did you even watch Leave It to Beaver?
Head here for more trivia fun.