Classic TV Ads Trivia Quiz
December 14th, 2020
How well do you recall these classic TV advertisements?
Jingles and slogans and commercials, oh my! The best TV advertisements stick with us – especially when making buying decisions. Can your memory pull up these ads (including a couple custom-made for the Boomer Richmond audience)?
- What “leaves you breathless?”
c. Disneyland Resort
d. Diane von Furstenberg
- True or false. Virginia-based Miller & Rhoads was known as “the fashion center of the South.”
- What business’s slogan was “Put a tiger in your tank”?
- What’s “ugly but gets you there”?
a. Old Spice
c. Colt 45
d. Playtex 18-hour bra
- Match the product with its slogan.
a) Rice-A-Roni i. Once you pop, you can’t stop b) Almond Joy ii. Goes home with more people c) Coke iii. Mmm … boy! Indescribably delicious! d) Pringles iv. It’s the real thing e) Nolde’s v. The San Francisco treat
- Rearrange the letters to spell the name of the company that used the slogan “1,001 household miracles in every roll.”
S Y D N E R L O P R W A
- Which company products boasted “the loneliest repairman”?
a. Ford Pinto
b. Maytag appliances
c. Greyhound buses
d. Sears Craftsman tools
- True or false. Wonder Bread claimed it would help “build strong bodies 10 ways.”
- All of these are Old Spice advertising slogans EXCEPT for:
a. Navigate the high seas of manhood.
b. Add spice to your life.
c. Improve your mansmells.
d. Brings out the best in a man.
- For a genuine, live _________ _________, you can fly to Boston or drive to Byram’s in Richmond, Virginia.
How do you think you did?
- False. Berry-Burk & Co. made that claim.
- a) v. b) iii. c) iv. d) i. e) ii.
- Reynolds Wrap
- False. In 1949 and into the 50s, the slogan was “Wonder Bread builds strong bodies 8 ways”; in 1960s, it claimed to “Help build strong bodies 12 ways.”
- d. (The slogan was for Fore, a United Kingdom aftershave.)
- Maine lobster
8 AND ABOVE: Nice job, couch potato!
5 TO 7: Head back to the family room – you need a little more TV time!
LESS THAN 5: Did you even watch Leave It to Beaver?
Head here for more trivia fun.