Trivia: Of Gardens and Greenery
Feeding our souls, our sense of aesthetics and our bellies
- FILL IN THE BLANKS: Virginia’s state plant and flower is the ____ ____.
- MATCH the painting(s) with the artist.
|I. Sunflowers paintings: a shades-of-yellow still life of flowers in a vase||a. Mary Cassatt|
|II. Woman with a Red Zinnia: woman on a park bench holding a flower||b. Claude Monet|
|III. Water Lilies: peaceful scenes with wisteria, willows, lilies and a foot bridge over a pond||c. Vincent van Gogh|
|IV. Oriental Poppies: two large red and orange flowers cover the canvas||d. Andy Warhol|
|V. Flower prints: four multicolored flowers against a background of grass||e. Georgia O’Keeffe|
- PICK ONE: Which of the following is not invasive in Virginia but is instead a native plant? Mimosa, kudzu, English ivy, common chickweed, goldenrod, periwinkle
- TRUE OR FALSE: The pawpaw tree, a native plant that can be found in the James River Park, bears poisonous fruit.
- UNSCRAMBLE: Nearly 2,000 acres, primarily styled as a classic, symmetrical French garden, hosting lawns, flowers, sculptures and fountains that date back to Louis XIV.
C A P A L E F O L A R V E L I E S S
How do you think you did?
And test your knowledge with more themed-puzzles here.